The Write Thing

Every morning I ask myself the same question, will I write something in this blog today? What bungling politician will move me? What policy issue will I beat again on a now frayed drum?

Is there really anything outrageous left for Donald Trump to say that I haven't already commented on? This country has never seen a major party Presidential candidate who is such a buffoon and so inadequate to the task of the office he seeks and yet he may well be the next President. I've said before that it could happen and I mean it. The current polls showing him in trouble mean nothing. Only political junkies pay close attention to races early on. The majority of voters will not focus until the final four weeks and Trump can close the gap in those four weeks and deliver a November surprise.

Hillary Clinton has so many question marks surrounding her that she is more vulnerable than she should be considering the man she's opposing. The server and deleted personal emails have dogged her campaign and I 've written numerous commentaries about them, if you haven't read them,oh well. The optics of using it were bad and she shouldn't have done it. But she did and then blew the explanations by giving the kinds of answers lawyers give, she is one in case you've forgotten it. She should have immediately held a news conference the moment it became an issue, instead of delaying, and stated emphatically, yes I used one as did Colin Powell and yes I had my legal team delete all of my personal emails, it was a bad idea but I did it and there's nothing further I can add, except I'm sorry for any confusion it has caused. But she didn't do that and because she didn't it has been used to explode the already existing narrative that the Clinton's are secretive and untrustworthy. They're no more secretive and protective of their legacies than any other prominent politicians but that doesn't matter. Optics are everything in politics.

Trump has brought in Kellyanne Conway, a veteran Republican operative, as his Campaign Manager which means he'll get good professional political advice. But simultaneously he has brought in the douchebag C.E.O. of Breitbart News,Steve Bannon, to serve at the top of his campaign which means he intends to turn up the lies and distortions about Hillary Clinton.

The sleeze factor is about to kick into high gear. I know, Trump's been sleazy since day one but it's going to get worse.

Buckle up!

Well what do you know, I found something to write about today. If. Only it paid the bills!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacrifice

A Message From Kane

The Day After