B.B.'s Big Day

You might think I didn't watch Benjamin Netanyahu's speech before Congress but you would be wrong. I'm always ready to listen even if I politically disagree with someone and I'm a C-Span junkie.

The speech was a rousing saber rattling whopper which soared to great heights of political rhetoric. It had no new information or proposals of any kind other than military hostility. Prime Minister Netanyahu is never shy about suggesting the U.S. go to war and spill our blood and spend our treasure.

If I were the Prime Minister of Israel I probably would be a lot like Netanyahu, in fact I would sit down and smoke a cigar with  B.B. anytime. He is not the issue. His speech was a great political campaign stump speech for the benefit of his own domestic optics.

The problem is how this was done. It is the Constitutional duty of the President to receive Ambassadors and Ministers of State. A foreign potentate must not be allowed to use a joint session of our Congress to campaign for his own office as well as attempt to undermine the foreign policy of the President of the United States.

This invitation by the Speaker of the House is cheap political partisanship that demeans his own office.

Benjamin Netanyahu is a well-known political figure and I have no problem with him having delivered his speech anywhere in our country he wants to but not from the well of the peoples House.

All that being said I'm serious B.B. call me about the cigars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacrifice

The Day After

A Message From Kane