All Good Things...?

The internet is filled with abandoned blogs. Some have many posts, others none or very few. The ones with many and then suddenly stop have left me wondering, what happened to the writer? The self evident conclusion is boredom, frustration or it simply had served it's purpose.

Rarely is there a final post saying goodbye. There was a blog I used to read that ended in 2012 with a final post that touched me deeply. The writer had Alzheimer's and was no longer able to give all that he wished. He thanked his readers and said farewell with the heart wrenching poem "The Long Goodbye."

From early 2007 to late 2009 I wrote a blog that mainly covered the Presidential election of 2008. By 2009 I had reached a plateau, it had met it's purpose and a restlessness had descended on me.

When I launched Kanes Realm I had no specific direction in mind, though clearly politics became the focus. I have called this Presidential election a season of disgust and it has been so because of Donald J. Trump, no major party nominee in modern American history or for that matter in my reading of the entire history of the United States, has spoken so negatively about our country. No nominee has ever embraced a foreign power in preference of his fellow Americans the way Trump has. No nominee has ever portrayed themselves as a cultish saviour and stated emphatically, if you don't elect them the entire country will fall and our Republic will end. No major party nominee has degraded our electoral process the way that Trump has, none have ever said well ahead of the outcome that the process is fixed in favor of their opponent and that they may not accept the results. He has poisoned the well with his pettiness and self absorption.

There are over 300 commentaries on this blog that cover many political subjects and a few other things of interest. For the moment I am pausing. There is nothing further for me to add on the Presidential election that would be beneficial.

What happens after the election and my writing here in this forum is up in the air, we shall see. For now you at least have an idea of what is happening at Kanes Realm. I thank my readers and encourage you to check back to see what's happening and continue your direct email subscriptions. If you've only read a few posts, please read more.

For the moment, goodbye, and as G'Kar said in Babylon 5, "expect me, when you see me."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacrifice

The Day After

A Message From Kane