Cruzin To Victory

All corners of the media are in overdrive talking about Ted Cruz and how he won Iowa, suggesting it will be studied for years to come. Really?

I understand that the media must draw things out, repeat, loop, repeat, loop and look for hidden meaning because no one will watch, listen or read their product without it. Let me pause here cause I ain't no hypocrite, I would gladly take a payday engaging in that activity. As a blogger I could easily skip this subject but no, like a pig in  mud I shall take a wallow.

Cruz won Iowa because of two basic strategies, organization and Jesus Christ. When he launched his campaign he brought 500 volunteers up from Texas to begin laying the groundwork in Iowa. He visited all 99 counties and no venue was too small. He constantly touted his conservative Christian evangelical values. He proudly stated over and over, I'm your guy and Jesus wants this. Listen to his stump speeches repeatedly, if you can stomach them, and you will catch the flow and consistency of his campaign. You might even be tempted to drink the Koolaid. Just listen to his victory speech from last night. I didn't know if I was listening to a political speech or a Sunday sermon, all praise be to God. I guess God liked Cruz better than all the other God sent candidates. Seriously his speech sounded more like he was running for Pastor-In-Chief than Commander-In-Chief and that is why he won. Know your audience, re-enforce what they believe over and over and take nothing for granted. Organize, organize, organize, it truly is that simple.

Iowa was fertile ground for Ted Cruz but now comes the real test, can he shift his language and stump speeches to suit crowds where Jesus baiting doesn't work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacrifice

The Day After

A Message From Kane